[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Lancer Vance's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Lancer Vance's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Lancer Vance's Application

Postby Lancer Vance » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:43 am

Hello, first off I will say that I have been looking at several outfits/squadron's/corporations and this one looks very promising. One thing that got my attention that many others did not, is that I am actually a rather large D&D fan, among other types of table-top games. Your corporation's alignment fits with the one I usually go for, and sadly I didn't see many others going in that direction, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I doubt many people ever really think about it. Lawful Neutral, you choose the good path when you can, but you hold everything to chance and stay neutral for as long as possible regardless. That said, I am glad this is a PvE overall corp, and if pulled into pvp, I will not back down unless I am carrying some type of cargo and/or have sufficient backup. Not going to force anything for a chance to get past a group or singular enemy.

So here is my overall character that I will be using in-game:
Character Dossier:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citi ... ncer_Vance
Title: Lancer (included in name)
Name: Lancer Vance (w/ CS: Lancer 'LAZR' Vance)
Callsign: LAZR (No, not pew pew)
Sex: Male
Pledge: Rear Admiral - LTI (Original Backer - November 2012)
Ships Currently:
Constellation Class
Soon to have before November deadline:
Anvil Hornet
Aegis Avenger
(Possibly more if the old ones return before deadline, putting $600 toward it)

As for previous flight sim games:
Wing Commander (series)
Starlancer
Freelancer (also Discovery Freelancer - Mod)
X-Series (earlier ones)
EVE Online (4 years)
Star Trek Online (2 years)

As for what I would best be for in terms of this corporation, I am not entirely sure. From what we can see from video's and such for SC, I can only assume that defending ships will rake in quite a bit of time, however, with that being said, I also enjoy being the hauler, and with my Constellation ship, I will be able to haul and defend whatever I'm hauling without much fuss. Honestly I am not sure, and perhaps after the dogfighting module comes out, I can choose soon after. If there is a middle ground in this Corp, I am hoping that when someone extra is needed for hauling, I can go that route, and when someone needs extra protection, I can then lend myself to that as well. As said above, whether or not the old pledge ships make a return and go on sale or don't, I will still be putting roughly $600 toward any ships that are on at that time. I will have both dogfighting and hauling-type ships. So I can really go either way.

Finally, I will stay quite active, if I have any emergencies or if I won't be on for a few days or a week, I will give at least a 4-5 day heads up before it comes up. Of Course, if it is an emergency you will hear from me right away. I hope to get in and enjoy myself.

Thanks for your time, apologies if this was just a bit too long.

~ LV
Last edited by Lancer Vance on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ LAZR
Lancer Vance
Panda Bears

Re: Lancer Vance's Application

Postby Tealstone » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Greetings, LV!

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about yourself -- this is really a great application and gives us the ability to really learn about you, who you are and what you like with regards to the game. Several of us are gamers outside of the electronic realm... I've been playing D&D in some for or another for close to 30 years now, along with most of the other games you listed. It's a nice benchmark, you know? If someone can understand 4th Edition D&D rules, they certainly will make good guildmates. :)

With regards to choosing a path, it will be mostly cosmetic in terms what you can do. The plan is to allow folks to cross-train and have a lot of freedom in how they want to play the game (it's supposed to be enjoyable afterall, right?), but the clsasification is just so we know, at a glance, who's most interested in what. So, being the interested in hauling, I've placed you in the Adam & Eves to start with. Again, you're free to participate in whatever ops you think you'd enjoy most, but if you ever want to officially switch, let us know and we'll facilitate that.

That all being said, I'd like to formally welcome you to the Adam & Eves division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome, LAZR!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Lancer Vance » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:22 pm

Yea..4th Ed is in-itself a great thing to play with at least 8 people. So long as those people don't act like idiots and get your lv 19 killed in the most idiotic way possible. Also, thanks for that. The Adam & Eve sounds fine for now. Again, who knows what will change when the dogfighting module comes out. Either way, I think I will like hauling stuff around, whether with a contingent of fighters to support me or solo will be interesting. It's how I got around with Discovery Freelancer, and EVE Online. I'm not the type to sit for hours staring at a rock to mine, but I am fine with taking what the miner gets, and transporting it to a station or industrial plant. It works. Thanks again.

~ LV
~ LAZR
Lancer Vance
Panda Bears

Postby Tealstone » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm doing a Pathfinder campaign at the moment with five people and it's nearly unbearable... a single encounter will take up two hours and it just gets mind numbing after a point. I'm actually going to be starting up a Serenity RPG campaign shortly which uses the Cortex system -- combat is simplified and it focuses a lot more around the storytelling aspect.

We'll see how that goes. In any case, again, welcome!!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Wave » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Return to Apply Here