[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Toaster's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Toaster's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Toaster's Application

Postby StandardToaster » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:27 pm

1. My name is Andrew, but my callsign is StandardToaster, or Toaster for short.

2. I'm largely into combat roles, but the ability to participate in econ missions is welcomed. I feel like I would be best at helping with strategic asset acquisition, which may involve operations against other organizations, NPC or otherwise. Perhaps some of those things that aren't quite ready for salvage.

3. Started playing Wing Commander, went through the franchise up to Freelancer and was also a fan of Freespace. Haven't played a sim in ages, but really looking forward to SC. I've been keeping myself busy with more real-sim doing fairly hardcore airsoft. I played WoW for a bit, but was frustrated by a lack of players at a similar game level, as I started quite some time after my friends.

4. I'm an original backer (somewhere just after the 45K mark) with a Rear Admiral package / Imperator Prime and i've got a pretty full loadout. All of the current hangar ships, plus a Catepillar. I'm on the wait list for an Idris M. I was disappointed that I didn't subscribe early enough to get a visit to the LA office, as I'll be pretty close by, but I'm looking forward to the Show and Tell perk that's coming down the line. I backed the game originally, and forgot about it until a few weeks prior to the hangar when I actually read a newsletter and got back in to the swing.

5. What originally drew me to this group was the primary recruiting pitch of needing money or [military] power, and being a group willing to sure players were enabled to play either side. I've stalked the forum enough to figure that you seem like a reasonable lot, so the rest of this post is going to be about me ;)

I'm looking for a reasonably casual group who may need to leverage a variety of materiel. I'm looking for a group that who I can become friendly enough with that I feel comfortable loaning out ships for the greater good of the group.

I'm definitely interested in finding a corporation style guild that is mostly above board, while being willing to apply appropriate leverage to secure objectives.

I'm 29, have a wife, dog and reasonably demanding career. I'm on the fence about using teamspeak versus in game comms, but i'm open to using what's most effective. My specialties are technical in nature, as I work at a reasonably sized web company in the operations department.

I'm usually a pretty softly spoken person, and don't say much unless I feel like i've got a lot to add to the conversation.

Tactics and Strategy are my thing; My game skills are largely leadership / C&C focused. Back in my airsoft days, I'd go on multi-day ops as at least a squad leader, usually in some form of operations / intelligence / special forces group. I'd love to run the C&C from the back of a Connie or Idris during a larger scale op, or as the backdrop to something a little more insidious. The idea of coordinating some kind of large scale military operation makes me salivate.

I'm undertaking an international move (Canada -> US) in two weeks, but wanted to get involved with a crew well in advance of the dogfight module. Plus, the Caterpillar sale worked me into a bit of a Star Citizen frenzy.
StandardToaster
Hell's Angels

Re: Toaster's Application

Postby Tealstone » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Welcome, Toaster!

Glad you had the opportunity to stalk us enough to know that you'd like it here. Based on your application, I think you'd be a great fit -- what you've described is very much what we have here: a great group of like-minded folks who are looking to enjoy the game together. :)

From what you've told us, you'll definitely want to look at catching up with Jive to look at doing some Intel and Recon work in addition to being a member of the Hell's Angels... but, no worries, there are plenty of opportunities to cross-train on the industrial side if you desire!

I'd like to formally welcome you to the Hell's Angels division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome, Toaster!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Re: Toaster's Application

Postby StandardToaster » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:44 pm

I totally forgot to mention that the Hell's Angels share a name with the most notorious biker gang in western Canada. Gave me a little chuckle. Won't be wearing any patches until I move :lol:
StandardToaster
Hell's Angels

Return to Apply Here