[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Strider's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Strider's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Strider's Application

Postby Strider » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:38 am

Hello,

I've been researching guilds for SC, generally looking for a small-medium sized guild that doesn't try to keep players locked down under a massive set of rules. After reading through the forums, I think Citadel might fight the bill, so here's my app :)

1. The in-game name of the character with whom you'll be joining -- please make sure your forum name here matches.
Strider

2. Whether you wish to be a part of the Adam and Eves (Industrial/Mining) or the Hell's Angels (Military/Fighter Pilot).
I'm interested in exploration and defense, so Hells Angels.

3. Any previous experience in flight/space sims.
Aces of Europe, X-Wing, Ace Combat 2 & 6, War Thunder

4. What your veteran backing/pledge status is and what ships you'll be starting with.
Rear Admiral

5. Please provide at least 200 words telling us about you. We are a group of mature, like-minded individuals who are interested in enjoying our time in game -- we're looking to make sure that your membership with be beneficial to both parties.

In real life, I am a 31 year old software developer in the Eastern time zone. I am a team player, but sometimes I prefer going solo (depending on the project or mission). When I play multi-player games, I love solo and co-op PvE and team PvP. For SC specifically, I think it would be fun to protect others, explore the far reaches, and crew other people's ships for a change of pace.

I played WoW pretty hardcore for years, and I am not looking for a return to things like scheduled raiding or mandatory farming. I am looking for a cool group to hang out, chat, and play with, but without a mandated workload. I will, of course, handle the things I agree to handle, but I don't want the game to become my second job, if that makes sense.

In general I'm pretty laid back. If you like lame puns, sarcastic humor... good lord, this is starting to sound like a dating profile. Okay guys, that's a wrap!
Strider
Hell's Angels

Re: Strider's Application

Postby Tealstone » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Gemini? Like long walks on the beach? :)

Heh! Welcome, Strider -- I'm very glad you decided to put in an application. I completely get where you're coming from and, after having been a fairly hardcore end-game WoW raider myself for several years, and having a regimented raiding schedule is something I'm not looking forward to either. While we're have schedule operations, attendance will be optional; we're looking to have enough pilots to be able to fill in and support that type of infrastructure, but not so many where your voice will be lost in the crowd.

Out of curiosity, what's your language of choice? I think you'll be our 6th or 7th software developer, myself included -- I mainly focus on web applications using PHP/Oracle/MySQL.

In any case, I'd like to formally welcome you to the Hell's Angels division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome, Strider!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Strider » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:57 pm

Strider
Hell's Angels

Postby Tealstone » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Nice!

I taught VB6 and VB.NET for a while at the college where I work... not a fan of C#, but then again, I started off with ANSI C back in the early 90's...

Again, welcome to Citadel -- I look forward to seeing you on the forums!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Tealstone » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:30 pm

If you don't mind me asking, which part of PA are you from? I'm your neighbor to the south(east) in Delaware. Jive is from Philly... we have some other guys in Jersey, DC and Virginia as well.
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Strider » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Western Philly suburbs. I kind of avoid the city :D I work out of King of Prussia, and the traffic is already pretty terrible that far east!
Strider
Hell's Angels

Postby Tealstone » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Nice!

I've taken the Blue Route up there many a times and it can get downright eye-gougingly bad. We're definitely going to have to set up a regional get together a year or two down the road!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Strider » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:27 pm

SC launch party!!
Strider
Hell's Angels

Return to Apply Here