[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Jayne Cobb's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Jayne Cobb's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Jayne Cobb's Application

Postby JayneCobb » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:42 pm

1. The in-game name of the character with whom you'll be joining -- please make sure your forum name here matches.
Jayne Cobb

2. Whether you wish to be a part of the Adam and Eves (Industrial/Mining) or the Hell's Angels (Military/Fighter Pilot).
I want to be a part of the Hell's Angels. At first I was thinking about being a trader since that's what I focused on in EVE. After thinking about it though I decided that I want to really focus on PVP and PVE in this game. I also saw in your recruitment post that you were looking for people to help man the Idris Corvette that one of your guild members has and I thought that would be cool to do. Maybe even have my Hornet as one of the two/three ships that can be launched from it.

3. Any previous experience in flight/space sims.
My first flight/space sim game was Star Wars: Rogue Squadron on the Nintendo 64. Half a decade later I started playing EVE online for a few years but then gave up because the training time for the higher skills were, in my opinion, ridiculously long. Now I play around a lot with Kerbal Space Program, especially when they release new updates.

4. What your veteran backing/pledge status is and what ships you'll be starting with.
I have the Colonel pledge with the Hornet as my only ship.

5. Please provide at least 200 words telling us about you. We are a group of mature, like-minded individuals who are interested in enjoying our time in game -- we're looking to make sure that your membership with be beneficial to both parties.
Hello fellow Star Citizens. I am a 21 year-old college student in Florida majoring in Software Engineering. I have always had an interest in computers and then of course computer games. Some other games that I have played that I didn’t list earlier are WoW and LoL as well as fps games such as CoD and BF. With my interest in computer programming I have also gotten into the hobby of building computers. I have built a few computers for my friends and family as well as the computer I am using now, which will easily be able to run SC even with its high computer demands. My schedule right now with my job makes me available in the morning and early afternoon (EST). I know this isn’t really relevant know but I figured since the dogfight module comes out in a few months might as well post it. Also, if you haven’t already noticed, I am a huge Firefly fan.
JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Re: Jayne Cobb's Application

Postby Nubanator » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi Jayne, no worries if you choose to run freight or the like. I plan on trying everything :D Just curious, how'd you hear about our quickly growing clan? And thank you for applying!
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby JayneCobb » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:01 am

Oh sorry I kind of made that part of my application a bit confusing with the way I wrote it. I decided that I want to completely focus on PVP and PVE over the industrial aspect of the game. I've had my fair share of working the economy in other games that I want to do something different.

I heard about your guild through the recruitment post on the official forums. It was about 6th on the list of North American squadrons in the Big Post of Squadrons v3.0 topic.
JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Postby Nubanator » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:58 am

My apologies, my eyes seem to work faster than my brain sometimes :lol: . Well, however you found us I'm glad you did! Teal should address all prospective pilots in around 6-8hrs (he's near the east coast U.S.)
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Wave » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:07 am

Glad you applied, always good to see a new face.

I recently started watching firefly on netflix and if you're anything like your namesake, we're going to have a blast. xD
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Tealstone » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:05 am

Nice to have another software engineer onboard -- and the Hero of Canton to boot!

I'm a huge Firefly fan and a software developer myself... It'll be nice to have some things in common to chat about. How long have you been playing EVE?

In any case, I'd like to formally welcome you to the Hell's Angels division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome, Jayne!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to Apply Here