[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Firesteel's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Firesteel's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Firesteel's Application

Postby Firesteel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Name: Firesteel
Applying for Hell's Angels

Previous Experience: FreeSpace 1 and 2, Evochron Mercenary, Strike Suit Zero (it's not as hardcore as the others, but it has descent controls for an indie game)
Veteran Backer with an RSI Aurora-LX, Origin 325a, and Aegis Avenger

I am a college student studying game design in California. I'm working on making mods for Fallout, the Elder Scrolls, and possibly FreeSpace to get more experience in level/mission design. I am an avid D&D/pen and paper RPG player in addition to digital RPGs. I also am trying to get back into web design by creating a website for myself. I do a bit of fiction writing on the side of my other studies. I have had experience in helping run squads for Mech-simulation games like Chromehounds, and met some great people doing that, and I hope this will prove similar.

FreeSpace was the second "real" game that I'd ever played, and despite being in 3rd or 4th grade the first time I played it, I immediately knew that it was incredible. Ever since then, I've been trying to find games that gave me the same magical feeling as FreeSpace did the first time I played it. I've enjoyed other games, but I almost always find myself comparing them to FreeSpace, even if they aren't in the same genre. When I heard about Star Citizen, I was ecstatic. After over 10 years without a high quality space sim, there was finally going to be one! and when I heard that it was going to be a persistent world one at that, I knew I could fully merge my love of space sims with my interest in building a community around the game. I hope I can be a part of this community and help it flourish in the years to come.
Firesteel
Hell's Angels

Re: Firesteel's Application

Postby Nubanator » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Firesteel it was my pleasure chatting with you on steam. We have some truly gifted members here and you are no exception. I think you will fit in just fine with the other web-developers, and code-thingy-makers.(skills of which I am certainly lacking) :lol:

BTW, where are you attending school in Ca? I'm trying to finish my graduate work in Southern California? San Marcos to be exact.
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Firesteel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm doing undergraduate at UCSC right now. And thanks for the warm welcome.
Firesteel
Hell's Angels

Postby Tealstone » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Greetings, Firesteel!

I'm glad Nub was able to pull in someone with your knowledge! I've been playing PnP RPG's for a very long time. I'm also a web developer by trade and have spent several years doing development work on MMORPG's.

I'd like to formally welcome you to the Hell's Angels division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome to Citadel, Firesteel!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to Apply Here