[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - rReveRr Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

rReveRr Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

rReveRr Application

Postby ReveR » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:59 am

1. The in-game name of the character with whom you'll be joining -- please make sure your forum name here matches.
rReveRr -going with the star citizen Handle field

2. Whether you wish to be a part of the Adam and Eves (Industrial/Mining) or the Hell's Angels (Military/Fighter Pilot).
I think I will start out doing more exploration and combat, so the Hells Angels will probably be the better fit.

3. Any previous experience in flight/space sims.
Wing Commander(s) , Elite, FreeSpace, some X3, probably others I don't remember offhand.

4. What your veteran backing/pledge status is and what ships you'll be starting with.
Freelancer, 300i

5. Please provide at least 200 words telling us about you. We are a group of mature, like-minded individuals who are interested in enjoying our time in game -- we're looking to make sure that your membership with be beneficial to both parties.
I work in software development, starting way back in the commodore64 and apple2 days.
I like many types of games, be they space sims, rts (like startcraft), rpg (like the old ultimas), or leaving the PC and playing around a table with board games or roleplaying.
I have found X3 to be kind of monotonous, and was not grabbed when I tried Eve. I am very hopeful that StarCitizen will provide a really fun space sim experience, with a lot of hours of play-time.
I heard of Citadel from my friend Monan.
ReveR
Hell's Angels

Re: rReveRr Application

Postby Tealstone » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Welcome, ReveR!

Glad you found your way here at Monan's behest and it's always good to have another software developer onboard. I started waaay back in the day on TRS-80's but I primarily do web and oracle application development these days. What is your language/platform of choice?

In any case, I'd like to formally welcome you to the Hell's Angels division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome to Citadel, ReveR!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby WarMongrel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:46 am

You taking about c64 has bought back some memories. We had the c128 for quite some time and it was the start of my gaming life. I think I would love to get one back, however it may ruin the great memories.
WarMongrel
Lead Analyst

Postby ReveR » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:17 pm

These days I go between C#/.Net on PC platforms and C/C++ in embedded projects. Of course it all started with basic (like) or assembly language on the old 8bits.

Yes the C64 was a fun computer. Color output, either text or graphics. The built in sound chip. Trying to save your games on cassette tape, until of course you could afford the optional floppy disk drive. But yes, compared to what we use today, it would not be pleasant to use now.
ReveR
Hell's Angels

Postby Tealstone » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:19 pm

I had cassette storage on my TRS-80. Ahhhh, the good ol' days. ;p
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby braindonut » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:31 pm

I was lucky, my dad had 2 floppy drives for our C64. We were ballers. ;)

I pretty much owe everything I have in life to that C64... Never would have gotten into computers... Instead of posting on these forums right now, I'd probably be living in a van, down by the river.
braindonut
COO Emeritus

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Nubanator » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:49 pm

OMG, I just watched that DVD last night. My sides hurt today I laughed sooo much! I love how David Spade and Christina Applegate can't even keep it together!
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to Apply Here