[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Henkka's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Henkka's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Henkka's Application

Postby Henkka » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:02 pm

1. Henkka
(This depends really a lot on the availability once we are actually able to choose names in-game. But this is the handle with which I can be found on the official forums.)

2. Adam and Eves.
(Although I'd rather not want to confine myself into a too specified slot since we are yet to experience these features first-hand. Maybe dog-fighting suits me better, who knows.)

3. I flew only few hours in EVE Online but found it to be a too hot-bar-ish MMO. I never liked that approach in the game even if I understand why it is the way it is. I am looking forward to a more Freelancer-type gameplay and so far Star Citizen seems to give all that I seek in a space sim.

4. I am an original backer from the Kickstarter campaign back in October 2012 and a proud owner of a physical Green Citizen's Card. I backed for Bounty Hunter and will be helming an Origin 300i ship (excited to see it in Hangar module this month!)

5. 28 years in the meter so far. I have been a gamer my whole life and currently also working in the industry as an artist and designer. I spend my time divided between games, comics and movies (not necessarily in that order, though).

I also like to listen to podcasts and watch shows about science (especially StarTalk Radio with Neil deGrasse Tyson) even though I don't have any degrees in it or possess the brain power to dabble in the field. I guess you could say I long for the stars and now that Star Citizen is arriving in the next year, piece by piece, I can finally take a trip there. Who didn't want to become an astronaut at one point of another in their youth, right?

My gaming experience has been mostly single player games or multiplayer DM-type games. I have tried to dabble with MMOs but so far almost all of them have been a disappointment in one way or another, usually the gameplay itself has been uninteresting at best and the stories some of the weakest. I found EVE Online interesting in concept since it is not like the rest of MMOs when it comes to actually doing stuff; the world is a persistent universe and the players are the content, their actions create the stories. But once again the gameplay execution was too much of the same: point and click, wait for cool downs and/or click icons in sequences when in combat. I am not very good at it and it takes away the best part about spaceships: the actual flying! Needless to say, I am crossing my fingers that Star Citizen will be all that I want in a space sim and more.

I heard about this guild from my friend and co-worker, Anatheme, and decided that perhaps this could be the game where I wanted to belong to a group of people, a guild that consists of level-headed folks who appreciate a good and honest game.
Current measurements suggest the Andromeda Galaxy is approaching us at 100 to 140 kilometers per second. The Milky Way may collide with it in 3 to 4 billion years merging into a single elliptical galaxy over the course of about a billion years.
Henkka
Adam & Eves

Re: Henkka's Application

Postby Nubanator » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Henkka, thanks for Applying. I was fortunate enough to have quite a few wonderful conversations with Anattheme prior to his application. And if he shared us with you then that's all I need to know.

Just curious, what facet of SC are you most looking forward to?

Teal should be swinging by to address your application soon. Hope to see you in the ranks soon!
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Tealstone » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Greetings, Henkka.

Outside of online games, I do some DM style RPG's as well a couple of types a month... nice to know I'm not the only one. :) After looking over your responses, I think you'd be a great addition to Citadel -- no worries about getting stuck into one division. If we get further in and you think that you'd rather focus more on the combat side of things, switching you over is a fairly easy task. This just helps us try to plan and organize a bit better before release.

In any case, I'd like to formally welcome you to the Adam & Eves division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome to Citadel, Henkka!

PS. This process changed your avatar... feel free to change it back. :)
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Henkka » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Current measurements suggest the Andromeda Galaxy is approaching us at 100 to 140 kilometers per second. The Milky Way may collide with it in 3 to 4 billion years merging into a single elliptical galaxy over the course of about a billion years.
Henkka
Adam & Eves

Postby Darhoth » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Return to Apply Here