[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Braindonut's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Braindonut's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Braindonut's Application

Postby braindonut » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:08 pm

I'll answer the questions in order :)

1. My character's name will probably be Braindonut, but depending on how RP things get, I may have to change it when the game ships. I'd, of course, keep everyone up to speed.

2. I would like to be in Hell's Angels.

3. I played X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, the Wing Commander games and others. This has always been one of my favorite genres!

4. I am an original/veteran backer. My initial pledge was for the Hornet, but I have since also added a Retaliator. (I plan on focusing almost entirely on combat) As time goes on, I may add more ships, but I doubt I'll be able to convince my wife to let me spend much more money.

5. About me: I'm male, 31, married, living in the Lansing, Michigan area of the US. I spend my days working as a lead product designer, mostly making mobile apps. Outside of work, I absolutely love video games. My wife and I have been playing Borderlands 2 lately, before that we played any number of games together. I'm not sure if I'll be able to convince her to try Star Citizen, but we'll see. ;)

I always dreamed of having a persistent multiplayer aspect to the space combat games I played as a kid. Flying missions with squadmates, building our story as we finish missions... So when Star Citizen was announced, it was the realization of a childhood dream. When I was around 10-12, I played so much Wing Commander and X-Wing, I would spend class time drawing space ships and dreaming about being a pilot. :) So yeah, I'm geeked.

I'm hoping to find a group of similarly passionate and excited people who want to become the best damn fighter squadron around. I'm a bit out of practice, but I am going to start playing whatever space combat games I can get my hands on, in order to get my space legs back on. I'd happily take suggestions in that regard!

As for what I can offer: I do have a lot of background in graphic/visual design and such, so I'm happy to pitch in on things in that arena if anything is ever needed.

I think that about sums it up!
braindonut
COO Emeritus

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Re: Braindonut's Application

Postby Tealstone » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Braindonut,

I love your answers, you'll definitely be a perfect fit for Citadel and vice versa. Much like you, I do some application development, but primarily in the realm of database-enabled web stuff. It's great to see that you've played some of the all-time greats like X-Wing and Wing Commander. It gives me hope that we'll have some solid pilots with a great background once we start.

In any case, I'd like to formally welcome you to the Hell's Angels division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome to Citadel, Braindonut!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to Apply Here