[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - AbsolutMauser's application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

AbsolutMauser's application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

AbsolutMauser's application

Postby AbsolutMauser » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:15 pm

1. AbsolutMauser

2. Whichever one you need!

3. I've played flight and space sims since at least 1990 and the original Wing Commander. My favorites have been Falcon 3.0 and its add ons, X-Wing and the follow on games, Descent: Freespace, and Falcon 4 (despite its issues). A few others I've played include the AOL online air combat game (Warbirds, maybe?), the Janes games, European Air War, Pacific Air War, the various Comanches, the Gunship series, and probably others I can't recall off the top of my head! I haven't played much of recent sims except a bit of IL2 Sturmovik and some fiddling around with the DCS games.

4. I picked up a Freelancer LTI package that has a MISC Freelancer.

5. I'm 34 year old gamer who has been playing PC and console games since the late Atari systems. My first PC at home was a 486 DX4 100 that took a LOT of convincing to get enough conventional memory to run Falcon 3! I fondly remember the early days of online multiplayer when there was a lot less griefing and you didn't have to mute half the people playing. Other than sims, I like strategy games from turn based 4x and grand strategy to RTSs. I also like a good shooter and can occasionally be found being trounced by the wife at the latest NCAA Football.

Now the PC is a Sandy Bridge-based, heavily overclocked, water-cooled monstrosity that doesn't get enough love due job demands. Star Citizen looks like it will give something for the beast to chew on and may prompt a GPU upgrade at least! I'm hoping to play it with folks who like to make the most of their gaming time, who like the team-based organizational play of games like this, but who are also here to have a good time and make sure everyone is having fun.

Also, yes, I will be imaging myself as Starbuck every time I launch in a fighter. Either one. Depends on the day.

Thanks for considering my application!

Best,

AbM
AbsolutMauser
Hell's Angels

Re: AbsolutMauser's application

Postby Darhoth » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:17 pm

AbM is a friend of mine and encouraged him to get the game/apply. Think he would make a good asset to our team (and yet another lawyer - can never have too many of those).
Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Postby Nubanator » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:23 pm

Well at least when I (inevitably) get into trouble I'll have plenty of lawyers here to help :)
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby AbsolutMauser » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Have you been injured in a spaceship accident? We can help! Call today!
AbsolutMauser
Hell's Angels

Postby Tealstone » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:51 pm

Well then welcome, Mauser!

Any friend of Darhoth is an attorney of mine. :) I'll put you onto the Hell's Angels rosters for now and, if you're more interested in the economy side of things, let me know and we'll switch you over!

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Again, welcome!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby AbsolutMauser » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Thanks very much! I'm excited to join! It's too bad we're so far away from Alpha! I'm ready for some stick time already!
AbsolutMauser
Hell's Angels

Return to Apply Here