[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - G.Barros' Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

G.Barros' Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

G.Barros' Application

Postby G.Barros » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:52 pm

Hey everyone!

RSI Handle: G.Barros
Division: Panda Bears
Backer level: Rear Admiral
Ship: F7C Hornet, maybe going to upgrade to a F7C-S Hornet Ghost in the future

Previous experience with flight/space sims:
Well, very little actually! I played Privateer back in the day, and I played some Diaspora, but other than that I'm pretty much new to the genre. I backed SC in 2012, I think, but only started to actually play Arena Commander this year. Most of my gaming background is with turn-based 4X games and RPGs, mostly because I sucked as a kid and couldn't play complex action games very well! I'm trying to actually get better though (and that's the main reason I was searching for an org with the "casual" mark!).

About me:
Well, my name is Gabriel, and I'm from Brazil (hope you guys can understand me on Teamspeak!). I'm a programmer (mainly working with .NET, using C++ and C# interchangeably), and I work for a company that develops software for air companies, mostly stuff for scheduling and aircraft maintenance (just to be clear, I know next to nothing about aircrafts). I like my job, and although we usually have to crunch to meet deadlines, I still have a good amount of free time ordinarily, so I can follow my hobbies (gaming, movies, playing guitar). I'm currently living alone, but have buddies around all the time!
One of the reasons I'm looking to join an org (besides finding a group of cool people to hang out with) is because I want to have people to practice with, since I can't play multiplayer without getting smoked too fast (can't get better like that)! I've been playing only Vanduul Swarm, pretty much. I also like the idea of an org that focuses on PVE. I do have an interest in a bit of PVP, but, as someone who has little online gaming experiece, I'd like to be more of PVE player! Anyway, you guys seem like a nice bunch, so I hope I can join and get to know everyone better!

See ya!
Last edited by G.Barros on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G.Barros
Panda Bears

Re: G.Barros' Application

Postby Calignos » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Nice application! Sounds like you would do very well here. You're definitely not alone in the programming profession... I think we have 1 or 2 around here heh.

We are primarily PvE focused, but will definitely be taking part in PvP as well when needed. I am sure we will have a decent number of people looking to take the fight to other players when it benefits the org.

Tealstone will review your application shortly, but until then feel free to browse around!
Calignos
Intelligence Director

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby jive » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks for the application! I think you would fit in well here.

Why are you interested in joining the Panda Bears?
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby G.Barros » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:40 pm

G.Barros
Panda Bears

Postby Froste » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Thanks for the application. Sounds like you will fit in well here.

The Corporation and the Panda Bears particularly have plans to train Pilots for all kinds of roles. For those looking to make the hop from PVE to PVP that mostly consists of pilots building up a little confidence flying and fighting. The best way to do that is getting stick time in with real people (as your targets or wingmen :D ).
Stay Frosty

Froste
Recruit
Panda Bears
Citadel Space Corperation
Froste
Panda Bears

Orion Mining Platform:

Postby G.Barros » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:49 pm

G.Barros
Panda Bears

Postby Tealstone » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:17 am

We can probably start a software development company at this point. :)

I'd like to formally welcome you as a recruit to the Panda Bears division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums. Please make your first stop the in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance.

Be sure to apply to now as well... After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots and post in the Adam & Eves forum to check in with your CO. :)

Welcome!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby G.Barros » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:20 am

Ha, running a software company sounds horrible!

Thanks for the welcome, just sent my application to the RSI org page!
G.Barros
Panda Bears

Postby G.Barros » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:41 pm

Just showing how much practice I actually need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fum1FdHtYpQ
G.Barros
Panda Bears

Postby zramn » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Welcome to the team! Don't worry, I'm terrible at AC, so I'll be practicing with you soon enough. :)

(mobile)
zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Next

Return to Apply Here