[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - DemonMustang's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

DemonMustang's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

DemonMustang's Application

Postby DemonMustang » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:03 am

1. DemonMustang

2. Mainly Hell's Angels, but wouldn't mind venturing into the other if need be.

3. Negative on previous experience in space sims. Consider me a newbie. :-)

4. Veteran backer - Arbiter - LTI package. Origin 325a is my only ship now. Too poor to pledge for another ship at the moment... :-(

5. Without getting into specifics of my personal background (I'm a somewhat private individual), I'll say that I am a very military-minded person, I am a very honest person and believe integrity is a person's most valuable quality, and I really enjoy the feeling I get from helping others when they NEED it, which means I do NOT believe in enabling lazy people. I am looking for a mature squadron that is morally good. Some people play games to escape reality and it is their opportunity to do bad things in it. I do not believe in this. When I play games, I always make choices within the game that mirrors my real-world morals and ethics, and if the choices in the game are too far apart from that, I tend to not like playing that game because I cannot be myself. So games that require your character to kill police officers, for example, I simply will not play. My favorite games are realistic first-person shooters. Something that we haven't had in recent years. Some of my all-time favorites include the OLD Rainbow Six and Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear games made by Redstorm Entertainment BEFORE Ubisoft bought out Redstorm and started destroying the franchise. The first Operation Flashpoint developed by Bohemia Interactive Studios is also one of my all-time favorite games. I've played through that entire game probably 4 times already since you can complete each mission any way you wish. And ARMA II was also loads of fun. I'm looking forward to ARMA III and on the RPG side of things my favorite game was The Witcher II, and anxiously awaiting The Witcher III and Cyberpunk 2077 made by the same developer of the Witcher series. I consider myself a military geek in that I kind of geek out at military things such as when a movie shows an A-10 flying overhead and destroying an enemy vehicle with its GAU-8 or when a M1 Abrams MBT fires off its 120mm gun and just watching the shockwave expand in front of the tank, those kinds of things will make my day. I am really into shooting and very pro-gun for both recreation/hobby and for self-defense reasons. From everything I've read and from email correspondence with "Tealstone" I believe this squadron is very much what I'm looking for in a game like this.

Edit: Oh, and consider this a warning, I'm an avid car guy as well, so don't bring up cars unless you want me to never shut up about them, lmao!! :-D
DemonMustang
Hell's Angels

Re: DemonMustang's Application

Postby Tealstone » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks for applying, DemonMustang -- it's been great talking to you and nice to find out a few more details.

The original R6 and RogueSpear games were my bread and butter back in the day and are what really got me into clan gaming. I'm also a certified firearms instructor and range safety officer -- I teach the classes here in Delaware that people are required to take in order to get their license to conceal and I'm the founder of Delaware Open Carry, a grass-roots 2A organization that fosters responsible gun ownership and and open and concealed carry.

I'd like to formally welcome you to the Hell's Angels division of Citadel. :)

I'll have you setup on the roster momentarily and, when that's done, you'll be able to access the member's only forums. Check out the New Pilot post at the top of the Locker Room board to get you going with the information you need to know and then, take your time catching up and getting to know the other pilots!

Again, welcome!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby DemonMustang » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:20 am

Awesome, I want to become certified as well, but I need to find the time and the money to do so. Any pointers or tips on that? I live in Florida BTW, in case there are any state/region specific regulations on that.
DemonMustang
Hell's Angels

Postby Tealstone » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:23 pm

You can check the NRA site for instructor classes... It's actually not to bad all things said and done. If you haven't taken the basic pistol class, you'll probably have to take that as well.

Florida has some good laws for gun owners... Generally, the basic pistol course will satisfy the requirements to apply and it has wide-reaching reciprocity. Here in Delaware, the law requires teaching about laws, when you can shoot, storage, kids safety, etc.

Lots of fun. :-)
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Darhoth » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Welcome aboard!
Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Return to Apply Here