[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Lucidvein's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Lucidvein's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Lucidvein's Application

Postby lucidvein » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:04 pm

1. The in-game name of the character with whom you'll be joining -- please make sure your forum name here matches.

> Lucidvein

2. Whether you wish to be a part of the Adam and Eves (Industrial/Mining) or the Hell's Angels (Military/Fighter Pilot).

> Hell's Angels

3. Any previous experience in flight/space sims.

> Honestly not a whole lot. The most fun I've had flying is piloting in BF1942's DC Mod (bombing dogfighting and slow-flying over landing strips to re-ammo) and in BF2. I've played a little bit of Eve out of interest, but dropped it once I learned I couldn't actually fly my ship (just orbit around points). I also play World of Warplanes but I'm not a fan of using a mouse to control.

4. What your veteran backing/pledge status is and what ships you'll be starting with.

The Aurora lx, possibly more as the game approaches retail.

5. Please provide at least 200 words telling us about you. We are a group of mature, like-minded individuals who are interested in enjoying our time in game -- we're looking to make sure that your membership with be beneficial to both parties.

>>

Well my name is Jason. I'm 32 living based out of Florida. I work in architectural visualization. I also write articles about gaming and tech as a hobby. One of your members, Darhoth, got me not only interested in Star Citizen, but this guild as well. I can see you have put in some effort setting up this guild.

I've been a long time gamer. Actually met Darhoth by playing on his MUD twenty years ago. We still hang out over VOIP and play some League of Legends. I helped lead a sizable raiding guild in WoW for six years (until the game just became to stale to interest me). I'm a big fan of the battlefield series. My favorite was the 1942 Desert Combat MOD. 2nd fav experience was flying helicopters with a friend or squad in BF2. BF3 flight was a little rough. Hoping it will be more fun again in BF4 this Oct.

My favorite games are RTS strategy games right now. I play as mid platinum level Terran in starcraft 2 and sometimes stream at twitch. I play some league of legends. I really enjoyed age of empires 3, and c&c in the past. But I'm very impressed with Star Citizen and the amount of community funding it has raised (over 14 million so far). I have high hopes. I'm intrigued by the Oculus Rift as well and a space sim such as this one that supports it seems like a good fit.

A pleasure to meet you all.

Ps. As a side note I'm sure you are expecting an active member. I can't really get too excited as of yet since the release is still a bit away. I wouldn't be very active in this portion of the SC experience, but growing in activity as the game drew near.
lucidvein
Hell's Angels

Re: Lucidvein's Application

Postby Darhoth » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:07 pm

I approve this message.
Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Re: Lucidvein's Application

Postby Tealstone » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Welcome to the squad, Lucidvein! I've added you to the Hell's Angel division -- you now have access to the member's only forums, so take a moment and hit up the Locker Room and read the stickied New Pilot post at the top. I'm sure Darhoth will get you acquainted with everything else. :)
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to Apply Here