[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - MonkeyBusiness's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

MonkeyBusiness's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

MonkeyBusiness's Application

Postby AmorphousBob » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Good evening fellow pilots. Ever since my 486 DX33 churned through the stack of pirated floppy disks for Wing Commander and Wing Commander 2 (with secret missions and speech pack!) I've been hooked on space combat games. Bought every Roberts game except Strike Commander (never really liked air combat much even though it looked pretty bad-ass for the time). Privateer (with Righteous Fire) Privateer 2, Wing Commander 3,4 (and 5 though that really doesn't count as a Roberts game, I don't think). Freelancer was a double-edged sword for me. Loved the 'game' and hated the control schema. Been desperate for some flight jockying ever since. Throw in Xwing, Tie Fighter, Xwing-Vs-Tie Fighter, X-wing Alliance, IWar2, and a dubious flirtation with the X2, X3, and more recent X-... misstep from Egosoft to round out the flight experiences.

I'm a veteran backer from June 2013 who 'really' should have been an original backer as I even had saw the bloody kickstarter video when it went live and thought "Holy crap, Chris Roberts?!" and then turned my back thinking it'd never succeed :( Thank goodness I was wrong about that!

So now I've got a Constellation (probably will variant it when available), Aurora LX, Avenger, and 350r to toy with in the verse. I'm really looking forward to an exploration and easy cruising experience from time to time, but if I've still got my flight skills, I will hungrily devour some combat patrols. We'll see if these late 30's hands can still dance. ;)

Outside of the game I program B2B software solutions in South-Western Ohio in .Net, SQL, Ruby, and MongoDB. Not much for UI design but everything else is candy. When not doing that, I'm either chasing kids around, and/or wasting copious resources on Legos... Super hornet on my desk at work and a 350r about 2/3rds done but i kinda lost interest for now :( Nice weather will do that I suppose. ;)
AmorphousBob
Hell's Angels

Re: MonkeyBusiness's Application

Postby Nubanator » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Glad to see your application! Enjoyed our little chats through RSI, I think you'd be a great addition to CSC. Do any of the three wings peak your interest more than the others? Remember you can fly in any operations no matter what your choice. :D
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Tealstone » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:04 am

You had me at 486DX 33. :)

For me, it was on my 286 8Mhz that could over clock to 12Mhz, heh! Like Nubanator said, we'd definitely love to have you! We organize our pilots into one of our three divisions. Hell's Angels for combat and exploration, Adam & Eves for commerce and mining, and the Panda Bears for Intel and Recon. Once you select a division, there's nothing to prevent you from flying in other division's operations, it's just more for us to better manage our resources and see where someone's primary interests lie.

Let me know and we'll get you set up!

Tealstone
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby AmorphousBob » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Well, I'm 'leaning' towards Hell's Angels only because I got 'really' bored just ferrying cargo in Privateer. Always picked the Centurion and completely skipped over the Galaxy during the ship progression. ;)

That being said... I doubt I've got the twitch and precision I 'want' to have. So, heh, might wanna have some combat trials. :) I'm definitely not looking to PVP unless it's for a noble cause, however. I will most definitely wish to mix-and-match roles fairly regularly in any case which should be pretty obvious by my chosen ship loadout. ;) God, my poor, poor wallet... and I know the connie variant won't be pennies either, nor will the required computer upgrade and peripherals :-/ Speaking of which, what is everyone running currently for their system specs and/or planning to get? Anyone else planning on a Rift if it comes out at 2k+ resolution?

Honestly, except for the beta of Ultima Online I have played a total of zero multiplayer games of any kind, let alone been in a guild/squad. Star Citizen just feels like the type of game that needs camaraderie, however. Especially during the long build to release.

Oddly enough I probably wouldn't have even posted in the 'looking for a squad' thread except another guild cold-invited me (which was very odd in-and-of-itself) and I got to thinking about it the whole guild thing more. So, I looked at a few of the big guilds and they are just TOO big. I work in a company that's becoming a huge faceless corporation, and don't need to 'play' in one too. ;)
AmorphousBob
Hell's Angels

Postby Tealstone » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Awesome! I'd like to formally welcome you as a recruit to the Hell's Angels division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance.

Be sure to apply to now as well... After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

One other thing -- will you be flying as MonkeyBusiness or AmorphousBob? Just so the confusion is kept to a minimum, we'd really like for folks to have the same handles here as they do on the RSI forums. If you need it changed here, I can do that for you.

Let me know, and welcome!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby AmorphousBob » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Sweet. And as for the call sign... that's a good question. I was on the RSI site when they switched over and so the text was extremely unclear as to what a 'Callsign' vs a 'Forum Moniker' was. Hence why I have two very different ones.

MonkeyBusiness is more professional sounding (well, compared to the other), and that's considered the 'Call Sign' at RSI. So my assumption is that's the 'flight' name. Hence, the application name. However, Amorphous Bob is totally more fun and recognizable. ;) So who knows. *grin*. I was trying to be as specific to the letter of the application as possible, but I recognize a significant amount of ambiguity remains.

Thoughts?
AmorphousBob
Hell's Angels

Postby Tealstone » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:14 pm

As long as folks are able to know who you are on Vent vs. who you are on the forums vs. who you are in-game. That's my primary goal. :)

I don't like forcing anyone to change their preference, I'm just trying to make it easy on everyone!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Nubanator » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:22 pm

My vote is for MonkeyBusiness, why? Skid Row that's why :lol: ;
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform: