[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - The Story of Lee Scorsby

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

The Story of Lee Scorsby

For role-play and story telling.

The Story of Lee Scorsby

Postby Lee Scorsby » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:42 am

The hull rumbled slightly. The ship had started to shiver.

Lee looked out the great window in his cockpit and stared into the Drake Cutlass, which had stopped about two meters in front of the cockpit.It had been two of them. “Bloody pirates,” He thought.
A third ship had followed him from the Capital. He didn’t pay it much mind. It was just another Freelancer class. Just as the one he had.
It was a regular route for Lee. He was used to pick up goods in the Capital, never had any problems with pirates before. But it looks like his luck had run dry.
The other Freelancer had started to come closer about four hours after they left the Capital. Lee suspected something and decided to hail the Freelancer.
It didn’t answer.
Just as he decided to stopped trying to hail the ship, two Drake Cutlasses came out from behind a nearby moon. They were colored in red and black.
Lee realized quickly that there was nothing he would be able to do. The cutlasses would outrun him in a matter of minutes and his auto turret AI had been an outdated version for almost four years.
He turned off his engines. He was dead in the water.

He looked into the Cutlass cockpit. The man in there was masked, but he was grinning like a big baby.
The other Cutlass had started to boarding process, yet Lee didn’t want to give up his ship so easily. He locked all the internal doors and did his best to burn out the circuits. But the pirates weren’t amateurs precisely. They started to cut their way in, one door after another. They were in the living quarters.
Lee turned around from the grinning face and looked at the cockpit door. He gently stokes the inside of the cockpit and looked at the pictures on the wall, pictures of his mother, father and his sister.
He chuckled a little when he looked at one of the lower pictures. It was a picture of him and his sister riding a howercycle into a pit of mud.

Lee sighed for a bit. That was almost sixty years ago.
He sits down again, rubbing his old knees. They had been acting up these last couple of months. Must be the new gravity system he installed half a year ago. It said that it could cause some problems but what do you do? It was on a sale and the old one almost didn’t keep the water in the cup.
Lee sat back, looking at the door. He heard people outside laughing happily, and evilly. He knew he probably wouldn’t survive this. But he’ll be dammed if he gave up without some sort of fight.
He opened a locked on the other side of the walls of pictures. Inside he had an old earth revolver. “Very classic” people used to say. Lee didn’t care much. It had been with him since his father died.
The revolver had been in his family of almost two hundred years, he chuckled while looking at the gun, turning it over and around. “Good thing restoration technology improved over the years. Or else this would just be a lump of metal by now.” he said out loud while putting his free hand into the locker.
Lee took out a small box out of the locker as well. It contained four bullets.

Lee loaded up the gun with the four bullets. He knew that the bullets would not be enough to take out the pirates but at least they would remember him. "The Crazy Grandpa with a hundred year old gun." He chuckled again.
He heard that the pirates were starting to get through the door. It was bending.
Lee sat comfortably in his chair, pointing the gun at the door.
A couple of minutes passed.
And then the door opened and Lee pulled the trigger.

To be continued
Last edited by Lee Scorsby on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Scorsby
Adam & Eves

Re: The Story of Lee Scorsby

Postby Nubanator » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:52 pm

I eat this stuff up! Very nice job Lee!
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Lee Scorsby » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Next part will be up tomorrow as I write these during my free work hours :mrgreen:
And thanks!
Lee Scorsby
Adam & Eves

Postby Darhoth » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:58 pm

I am not usually one for lore, but found this particularly well-done. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

darhoth
Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Postby Nubanator » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:19 am

I must know what happens to the crazy grandpa with the 100 year old gun :o
I hope you find this funny, memes can sometimes backfire. I really enjoyed part 1 and am looking forward to the next installment.
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Lee Scorsby » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:05 am

Hehe. It WILL be out tomorrow.
Lee Scorsby
Adam & Eves

Postby Lee Scorsby » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:31 am

Alright. Sorry it took so long. I redid it a couple of times but here it is!

Part 2:

The door flew open and Lee pulled the trigger.

The effects of the gun were not really quite as Lee had expected.
Because it exploded.

The whole gun just burst into millions of pieces and the only thing left in Lee’s hand was the grip.
He froze, looked down at the gun, or what was left of it. Then he looked up and saw three armed pirates all pointing their guns at him.
The whole thing looked rather humorous.

They stood there for a while, just looking at each other. It felt like ages, but then the pirate in the middle burst into laughter. It was a very high pitched and annoying laughter, a very annoying laughter.
It looked like the other two pirates were also about to burst into laughter as well but turned instead their heads to their high pitched voiced friend.

“What the hell is wrong with you? You sound like a squeaky duck toy!” said the pirate on the left.
“I... I can’t… Breathe” squeaked the pirate while bending over holding his stomach, still laughing.
“Well, let me help you with that.” Muttered the big pirate on the right and blew the laughing pirates brains out with his gun.

Silence followed, the smaller pirate just stared at his friends head (or would-be head).
“WHY DID YOU DO THAT FOR?! You freaking exploded his head!” Yelled the pirate.
“What?” Said the big pirate. “I didn’t do nothin.”
The yelling pirate stopped. “Would you mind turning around for a second?” He said to his companion.
“Sure.” Said the other pirate, obviously not the brightest guy of the bunch.
He turned around facing the civil area.
His companion raises his hand with the gun and swings it at his stupid friends head.
There was a small hollow sound that came when the grip hit the head. Yet, the big pirate seemed
unaware of it. He just stood there, not realizing that his associate was trying to knock him out.
The big pirate turned around. “What are you trying to do there mate?” He said while looking at the pistol in the pirate’s hand.
The smaller pirate face went pale and he dropped the gun. “Oh? Me? Nothing really. Just looking at my beautiful gun. Isn’t it beautiful?” The he suddenly turned around and ran back down the ship, heading for the airlock, leaving the big pirate alone with Lee.

The pirate turned around to look where his buddy went. “Really strange that one he is.” Said the big pirate.
“Not half as stupid as you are though” though Lee.
As the pirates back was turned Lee slowly bended over and took up both the pistols that the other two pirates had dropped.
Bang.
The big pirate never had a chance to even turn around. Lee fired both the guns right in the head of the pirate, leaving ones again a splatter of brains and blood over his ship.
“Well, balls. This will take ages to clean up.” Said Lee out loud as turned around and hit a big red button on the board that said “FIRE SHUTDOWN”.
“Let’s bring the blast doors down” he mumbled as big metal doors clashed behind him.
He chuckled. “Well. People may call my coward but I’m not stupid.” He said while turning the engines back on. “The plus side of not fighting is that your ship will be intact” He chuckled to himself as he pushed everything he had on the throttle and he heard something break behind him with a big crash. “Well there went the airlock. I guess I can’t open those blast doors now. It must be vacuum out there by now.”
There weren’t really many places to go. He looked to his side to see if the other fighter was pursuing and sure thing, there it was, right next to him. It was so close he could still see the pirate pilot face. And it wasn’t exactly happy.
Lee waved. The pirate didn’t wave back.
The pirates had come out from behind a moon. That moon was orbiting a small planet. The planet was a ship junkyard and had been abandoned for decades Lee knew.
“Well the..” BANG
The fighter had backed and was firing at the engines. One was already gone.

“Looks like we are doing crash-landing.” Mumbled Lee, not really surprised about that outcome while with fast speed entering the planet’s atmosphere.
Lee Scorsby
Adam & Eves

Postby Nubanator » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:57 pm

That crazy old coot, what will he come up with next...
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to The Mess Hall